Code CV : 5ae70b5b58cf622e
Date de dernière connexion : 2018-06-25
Mademoiselle Cl... Wa...
Métiers préparés : French translator
Ecole: Lycée de longperrier
Cycle : BTEC HNC level 4 in business management
BTEC HNC level 4 in business management
Dernier niveau d'etudes validé avec diplome : Bac
Dernier diplome : Baccalaureat
Niveau d'études actuel : Bac+1
Métiers préparés : French translator
Durée du stage : 6 to 12months
Début du stage :
Temps Plein Oui
Mobilité autour de votre lieu d'habitation : 100Km >> ...
Dear Sir, Madam,
I am writing to you today to apply for a position of an internship translator that you have proposed into your website.
I am qualified with a BTEC HNC in Business Management and I am very familiar with Business documents in English but also in French, as I have obtained the French baccalaureate in Business communication. I would like to improve my translation skills with an internship job, and I know that you could give me this opportunity.
For the past 7 years, I have lived in England and I have improved my English, I have worked in childcare and also as a receptionist. two years ago I have decided to put my language skills into a new career and I started an online course in translation. I obtained in early 2018 the certificate in translation. I enjoyed working on the online course and working as a volunteer translator since 2017 for different organisations, I realised how much I love translating and I am certain this is what I want to do in the future.
Please find attached my CV and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
Date of birth: 02/08/1988
I'm a French translator. As I studied business, I have some knowledge of marketing, management, finance, and administration. I have a good customer service and communication skills. I am very motivated and enthusiastic, towards new challenges and future prospects. I feel this will also improve my existing skills and knowledge.
• I am able to work tight deadline, I have worked on different assignments at college and I have also worked on translations projects.
• I have good computer skills such as Microsoft office, CAT tools e.g. Wordfast, transcafé, SmartCAT, and the software management crowdin.
• I have translated +100k words.
• I am very familiar with the culture differences between England and France and I also have a good knowledge with the English language, as I have lived, worked and studied in England since 2011.
• I Work efficiently within a team, I have worked in retails and as a part of translation project on SmartCAT. I also work independently at home on different projects.
• I always maintain a tidy work area. As a result, I can find files and phone numbers, at a moments notice. As a past receptionist and a nanny, these chores and organisational skills, were to key my daily routine.
Freelance volunteer translator, from October March 2017
Translator without borders
• Two documents of a budget template required for overseas projects who are applying for Irish Aid.
• One document of a preliminary proposal form for overseas projects wishing to apply for Irish Aid.
• Translation of the Animal Eethic website
• Use of SmartCAT
Crowdin localization platform
• Translation of video games and Apps
• Use of the platform Crowdin to translate.
Live out nanny, part-time, Oxford, from September 2014. • Looking after two children between 1 and 4 years old.
• Supervising activities, such as arts and crafts, playground duties, days out at museums, swimming, and varying classes.
Virgin active crèche, part-timeReceptionist and nursery assistant, Oxford, February 2012 - August 2014
• Answering incoming calls.
• Dealing with bookings to cancelations by phone, email or face to face.
• Sign children in and out.
• Dealing with parent inquiries.
• WLS certificate in translation from English into French, Dublin, 2018
• BTEC HNC: Level 4 in Business Management with MERIT, Oxford, September 2013.
• BACCALAUREAT (A level) in Business Communication, France 2005-2008.
I enjoy baking, sewing and traveling.